My mom came into town last week. It was great to see her for many reasons, but mostly because I’ve missed her so much; however, seeing her made me a little homesick. Since my mom noticed that I was feeling a bit down, she suggested we do our usual holiday routine while she was visiting. It was a fantastic idea. We went shopping for decorations, watched our favorite tv shows, and most important of all… made peppermint chocolate coffee spoons.
Peppermint chocolate coffee spoons are delightful treats that are perfect stir into coffee and hot chocolate. They add a little holiday spirit into any hot drink. If you haven’t ever tried them, I highly suggest you follow my tutorial and make some immediately. You won’t regret it. Whenever I’m feeling a little homesick, I just make myself a coffee, stir in my chocolate spoon, and then I feel much better.
- Plastic Spoons
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Crushed Peppermint Candies
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave.
- Dip a spoon into the melted chocolate.
- Roll the spoon into the crushed peppermint.
- Repeat for as many spoons as you want.
- Place the completed spoons into the freezer.
- Once the chocolate is hardened, take the spoons out of the freezer and wrap them in saran wrap. I usually tie a ribbon on the end of the saran wrap to keep it in place.
- Once you are ready to enjoy some chocolate peppermint flavored coffee, just make coffee, stir in the spoon, and enjoy!
I store my spoons in a glass, wrapped in holiday tissue paper. It looks festive, doesn’t it?