Last Monday night, I made cake pops for the first time.
They were quite tasty, but after eating about four pops in a ten minute period, I decided that it would be wise to bring the remainder into work. My coworkers seemed to enjoy them, and nobody got food poisoning, so I think it is safe to share my recipe; however be forewarned that I am not an expert. This may not be the proper way to make cake pops, so take my instructions with a grain of salt.
I started by baking a chocolate cake using ordinary cake mix. When the cake was still warm, I used my hands to crumble it into small pieces. I then added a little bit (about two spoonfuls) of vanilla icing and mixed it together. I rolled the mixture into balls, and put them into the freezer for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, I melted chocolate chips in the microwave. When 20 minutes was up, I took the cake balls out of the freezer and put each one on a cake pop stick. Next, I dipped each ball into the melted chocolate, and then quickly added sprinkles before the chocolate dried. After completing all of the cake pops, I put them into the refrigerator for 10 minutes.