For a very long time, I have been wanting vibrant hair red; however thanks to heredity, I have dark hair which makes my red hair fantasy a little difficult to attain. My hairdressers have never been brave enough to try this vibrant hue for fears it would damage my hair. After doing some online research and reading Monikapolitan’s tutorial, I decided that it was time I took things into my hands. I enlisted the help of Joey and went to Walgreens where I purchased two boxes of bleach and two boxes of red dye, which are pictured below (sorry for the poor photography… it was late at night).
1) Carefully apply the bleach to your hair. I waited 50 minutes before washing it out.
2) Follow the hair color instructions to wash the bleach out.
3) Blow dry your hair. Don’t panic if your hair turns orange–it happened to me.
4) Apply your desired shade of red.
5) Wash and blow dry your hair.
These instructions worked for me, but if you are uneasy, I would suggest going to a hair salon for a professional consultation.