On a recent trip to Goodwill, I purchased a circular mirror that was a little banged up, but I knew had potential for a fantastic makeover. With Joey’s assistance, we took the mirror from drab to fab using nothing more than some thrifted bedsheets, spray adhesive, and an exacto knife.
Here is a before and after of the mirror. I’ve included instructions below on how we transformed the mirror’s appearance.
- Cut the sheet/fabric into a piece, which is large enough to cover the front of the mirror and tuck behind the back.
- Cut a circle out of paper to cover the mirror’s glass so the spray adhesive wont damage it.
- Carefully tape the paper to the inside of the mirror so only the mirror’s frame is visible.
- Use the spray adhesive to cover the mirror’s frame.
- While holding the fabric taunt, lay it down on the mirror’s frame. Then press it down firmly and smooth out any bubbles or creases.
- Use the exacto knife to cut away the fabric in the center of the mirror, so only the frame is covered
- Cover the back of the mirror with a piece of paper so that only the fabric edges are exposed.
- Use the spray adhesive to coat the remaining fabric.
- Tuck the fabric behind the mirror and smooth out any creases.