Happy Labor Day everyone! I hope you had a great holiday weekend and were able to get some relaxation in. Joey and I tried relaxing, but we failed. We ended up having a very productive weekend, which isn’t such a bad thing. We went to the beach, took a nice hike, and went to the dollar store where we stocked up on… PING PONG BALLS! The lady at the register thought we were about to have an epic beer pong battle, but really we were just getting some supplies for my latest project. Its a wall display made out of, you guessed it, those cute little white table tennis balls. If you want to recreate this project, read my tutorial below.
- 30-40 Ping Pong Balls
- Exacto Knife
- Framed Poster Board or Canvas (white background)
- Elmer’s Glue
- Go to the store any buy a ridiculous amount of ping pong balls.
- Using the exacto knife, carefully cut the balls in half.
- Spread them out on a canvas or poster board in the pattern of your choice. I started by making a grid with the balls spaced about 1.5 inches apart. Then I randomly started removing a few balls from the grid. I removed about 3 balls from each row.
- Take one ball at a time, dip its rim in the glue, then place it back on the canvas. Hold it is place for 10-15 seconds. Repeat until all of the balls are glued.