I’m a sucker for annual best of lists. Whether it be top movies, television, or music, I love it all. What I like so much about these lists is that they usually introduce me to something new. For instance, I saw a best shows list that mentioned American Vandal, which is now one of my favorite television shows. Side note, if you haven’t seen it, stop reading this and watch the first episode on Netflix. It’s AMAZING.
So in the spirit of sharing things that maybe didn’t make your radar this year, I created a top 10 list of my favorite 2017 songs. Here they are, in no particular order. Hopefully you find a few of these as enjoyable as I do.
- Slowdive – Sugar for the Pill
- Mac DeMarco – On the Level
- Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile – Over Everything
- Sylvan Esso – Die Young
- Fleet Foxes – Third of May / Odaigahara
- Grizzly Bear – Mourning Sound
- Rex Orange County – Loving is Easy
- Tennis – My Emotions of Blinding
- King Krule – Dum Surfer
- (Sandy) Alex G – Bobby
You can listen to the full playlist below.
What were some of your favorite songs in 2017?